- Ralya Elementary School
Bikes for Books Program is BACK!!
The Okemos Masonic Lodge through the Charitable Foundation of the Grand Lodge of Michigan is hosting the Bikes for Books program in partnership with the Okemos & Haslett elementary schools once again this year. In the spring, we will be presenting students whom names are drawn from the submitted forms a brand new bike and helmet.
Last year five Haslett / Okemos Elementary schools participated with 131 Third & Fourth grade Okemos & Haslett students reading a total of 917 Books. The Okemos Masonic Lodge presented during the week of June 5, 2018 a new Bicycle & Helmet to eleven individual winners. Two winners were chosen from Ralya Elementary!!
This program was very successful last year and has been very successful around the country. The program asks Okemos & Haslet Students Grades 3, 4, 5 & 6 to read seven, grade appropriate books in a sixth month period. New this year: we have expanded to 3rd - 6th grade students!
Parents will sign the entry forms submitted by their child.
- Completed, signed forms are returned to the Student’s teacher for pick-up by an Okemos Masonic representative or Email completed form(s) to: email@example.com
- Drawing entry deadline is: May 17, 2019 (5:00 PM)
- Questions to Mike Nevells at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guidelines for the Bikes for Books program:
- Program is for: Okemos & Haslett students grades three, four, five and six.
- Student must read seven books that are on their grade level.
- All students that meet the requirements and turn in a completed & signed form will be placed in a drawing for a bike and helmet.
- The drawing will be for one boy and one girl bike and helmet of the correct size.
- For every seven books read, another entry application may be added to the contest.
- Program runs from November 12, 2018 through May 17, 2019
- Winners announced (contacted) week of June 3, 2019