2020-21 School Year Dates
- August 31 - Classes Begin
- September 4-7 - No School - Labor Day Recess
- October 9-12 - No School - Autumn Break
- November 3 - No School - Election Day
- November 25-27 - No School - Thanksgiving Recess
- December 21-January 1 - No School - Winter Recess
- January 4 - Classes Resume
- January 18 - No School - MLK Day
- February 12-15 - No School - Mid-Winter Break
- April 2-9 - No School - Spring Recess
- April 12 - Classes Resume
- May 31 - No School - Memorial Day
- June 11 - Last Day of School (Partial Day)
Holiday Break Clarification
As noted in an e-mail sent on January 7, 2020, Ingham ISD Superintendents have agreed to change the current common calendar (beginning with the 2021-2022 school year) to help districts better prepare for the state testing that begins in early April. This calendar change will only affect the Spring Break dates starting in 2022, resulting in an earlier break than in previous years.
The ISD common calendar provides the minimum days required for the winter and spring breaks. We must use these minimum days when negotiating our school calendar with the Haslett Education Association (HEA). At this time, we only have a calendar in place for the current 2019-2020 school year. Beginning this spring, the district and the HEA will negotiate the actual calendar for the 2020-2021 school year, along with subsequent years. The final negotiated calendar will be posted on the district website.
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact the Administration Office at 517-339-8242.