The following are important definitions:
1. Diversity is the variety of personal experiences, values, and worldviews that arise from differences of culture and circumstance.
2. Equity is actively working to identify and eliminate barriers to ensure access, opportunity, and advancement for all.
3. Inclusion is creating environments in which individuals and groups are welcomed, respected, and supported while eliminating practices that exclude.
4. Joy is feeling positive and affirmed in one’s identity.
5. Humility is approaching learning with an open mind and genuine self-reflection.