U.S. History Syllabus
Instructor: Mr. Beebe
BRIEF COURSE OVERVIEW
▪ This class will explore the major individuals, events, and concepts from 1870 to the present that helped shape modern America.
1. Students will be able to analyze and explain the factors and trends that contributed to the development of modern America.
2. Students will gain a better understanding of how the history of the United States has impacted their lifestyles.
METHODS OF PRESENTATION
▪ Instruction and Lecture Notes
▪ Student Engagement Activities
▪ Assigned Reading & Research
▪ Webquests and Projects
▪ Multi-Media Clips & Videos
▪ Homework, quizzes, tests, projects, and other class work will contribute to student grades.
▪ United States History and Geography Modern Times textbook that is accessible online
▪ Chromebook, laptop, or desktop computer
▪ Three-ring binder (1 –1 ½ inch) to organize handouts, notes, etc.
▪ Pens, pencils, and highlighters, notebook paper
▪ Complete assigned internet searches and webquests.
▪ Download documents from Google Classroom.
▪ Read documents online.
▪ View online videos.
▪ Complete quizzes/tests online.
▪ Upload documents to Google Classroom.
▪ Register for this course in Google Classroom.
▪ Meet required deadlines.
▪ LATE WORK CAN BE SUBMITTED UP TO ONE WEEK AFTER THE REQUIRED DUE DATE FOR HALF-CREDIT.