District Grading Policies
Haslett Public Schools is dedicated to supporting all of our students during this unprecedented time with Flexibility, Simplicity, and Understanding. Our focus is on health and relationships.
Given the challenging circumstances and our commitment to equity, Haslett Public Schools will not issue any letter grades for the second semester of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Report cards will not be issued 2nd semester at the elementary level. Teachers will give feedback to students/families on students’ work for the remainder of the year.
Haslett Middle School
- Report cards will not be issued for Marking Periods 3 & 4 (second semester) at the middle school level. Teachers will give feedback to students/families on students’ work for the remainder of the year.
Haslett High School
- Students will receive either a “G” for credit or “I” for incomplete for all courses 2nd semester. Teachers will assess students’ work from the beginning of 2nd semester and evaluate whether a student has been able to demonstrate the skills and content necessary to earn credit.
- Many colleges and universities (including Harvard and MIT) have adopted a credit/no credit system and are waiving spring 2020 grade requirements for incoming high school seniors.
- Students should not be penalized academically during this critical time.
- During this time, there is not an equitable way to have a letter grade fairly and accurately represent student learning.
- It is not equitable if some students receive letter grades while others do not.
- Removing the pressure of letter grades is important for the mental health and wellbeing of every student.