Welcome to the Haslett Middle School choir!
You can find information about the Haslett Middle School Choir program as well as information about upcoming events and concerts. Choir is a great place to learn about music and singing. Students in the vocal music program are challenged to grow musically and vocally to their greatest potential. Each student is placed in a choir that best suits their vocal ability.
Choirs offered at HMS include:
6th Grade Exploratory: This is an exploratory rotation for all sixth-grade students.
7th grade choir: This is a year-long class offered to Haslett students. This course covers primary literature, unison & 2pt singing as well as beginning age-appropriate vocal techniques.
8th grade choir: This is a year-long class offered to Haslett students. This course covers intermediate literature, 3pt singing as well as intermediate age-appropriate vocal techniques.
What a Choral Education Looks Like:
Throughout the course of the school year, students will be working towards achieving growth as it relates to our curriculum and classroom goals.
- Audiation of rhythmic notation
- Audiation of tonal notation
- Conceptualization of tonal concepts both aurally and orally/ quality of sound
- Physicality of music making
- Understanding of musical vocabulary
- Development of musicality
- Development of team concepts
- Positive participation
- Individual Confidence
- Individual recognition of personal and team growth
- Application of consistency in all of the above areas
- All students are asked to bring a three-ringed binder to choir every day. A dedicated choir 1 or 1 ½ inch binder is plenty large enough.