If your child is having difficulty with spelling certain words, try a variety of ways to practice them:
* Sound them out together. Break the word into parts and examine how the word is put together.
* Practice the words orally
* Try pyramid practice. For example, with the spelling word "rhyme":
* Have the student write each word five times
* Have the student write the words in sentences and then check the sentences together
* Give the student a practice test and then check it together - continue testing the words the student misses until 100% is achieved.
* Enter the student's word list on www.spellingcity.com and practice online.
* Write the words in a pan of shaving cream, salt, or flour, or in the snow.
If you need other strategies for spelling practice, feel free to contact me!