Middle School Events
October 14, 2022
7:45 AM HMS Student of the Month
October 20, 2022
7:30 PM Middle School Choir Concert
November 4, 2022
7:45 AM HMS Student of the Month
November 7, 2022
3:00 PM - 4:50 PM Middle School Conferences
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM Middle School Conferences
Find It Fast
HMS Registration Day
In an effort to assist students with being ready for the first day of school, we have a registration day for students to get their school picture taken, pick up their schedule, get assigned locker and combo, take care of athletic participation fees, turn in physical form, receive support accessing various online accounts, and update their student’s Skyward information. There will also be a table set up with information about our school clubs and activities as well as an opportunity to order a yearbook. Our 8th graders can turn in their baby pictures for the yearbook. We encourage you to join us on this day to make your child’s start to the new year as smooth as possible.
Wednesday, August 17th
8:00 - 11:00
12:00 - 2:00
The times listed are on a walk-in basis. Students and parents are welcome to come any time that is convenient for them.
11:00 OR 2:00
BAND meeting and instrument rental for 6th grade students and parents.
First Week of School
The first two days of school are half days. Students will attend hours 1-3 on Wednesday, 8/24, and hours 4-6 on Thursday, 8/25. Students will follow this schedule the first week of school. They will use this schedule every day after that. Attendance will be taken daily. Students who were not able to pick up their schedule prior to the first day, can pick one up when they enter the building. Individual student schedules can also be found on Skyward.
Monday, August 29
Students with last names beginning with A-K will attend 5:30-6:00 pm
Students with last names L-Z will attend 6:00-6:30 pm
*5:00-5:30 - this is for students new to Haslett, 6th grade band meeting, and 5th grade math parents’ orientation.
The safety and security of all students is a fundamental responsibility of Haslett Middle School. Parents and community members are welcome to visit our schools. Prior notification to the teacher is helpful but not necessary. Visitors or volunteers are expected to:
- Buzz into the office using the button located at the front door.
- Show picture ID to entry.
- Check in at the school to sign-in and exchange ID for a visitor badge that must be worn around the school at all times.
Is your student looking for a place to study or get help with their homework after school? The middle school library is open after school Monday-Thursday until 3:25 p.m for Homework Lab. Students must sit quietly at a table and do homework or read. Please see below for the Homework Lab expectations:
- Wait outside the Media Center on the bench in the commons area until the staff supervisor is ready for you.
- Be in the Commons before 2:35
- Sign in at the counter
- No more than 2 students per table
- No food or drink allowed
- No phones- school rules apply
- Bring all your materials with you. Students will not be allowed to go to their lockers, bathroom, or drinking fountain. (emergencies only)
- Students should be working quietly
- Students need to ask permission to use computers. Fill out computer usage slips and give them to the supervisor.
- Computers are for homework/project use only.
- Students who are disruptive and not working will be expected to go to the office, call home, and be picked up.
- You will be given three chances. After the third chance, you will no longer be welcome at homework lab.
- High school tutors will walk around and help individual students who have questions. Raise your hand and wait for one of them to come to you.
- The media center needs to be clean before students are allowed to leave.
- You will be dismissed at 3:25 and you will not be allowed to leave early, even if your work is completed. You must leave the building by 3:30.
- Parents must sign you out from the library if you need to leave early.