We are: Goal Setters Team Players Kind to All
Please call the Ralya Office by 8:30 am if your child is going to be absent from school for any reason.
You may leave an attendance message before or after school hours. Absences may also be reported on our school website.
Ralya Elementary staff welcome you back to the 2016-17 school year! We are excited to see everyone! Thank you for helping us with the end of the day routines! Everyone is doing a fantastic job!
Team Ralya t-shirts are available for purchase in the school office! Stop by to get yours… Just $6. The First Friday of every month wear your Ralya Team shirt or Haslett!
Forms sent home in the Information Packet need to be returned as soon as possible. Thank you to everyone who already returned them. These include:
· Haslett Student Information Record,
· Emergency Health form,
· Permission for Release of Directory Information,
· Technology Acceptable Use Agreement signed by parent and child,
· Learning compactsigned by parent and child
· Concussion Informationsigned by parent
· Free and Reduced Lunch Form (If applicable, new forms need to be submitted each year.)
Field Trips & Discount Cards
Each grade level takes different field trips, which means different field trip costs. You should have received a flyer explaining field trip costs for the grade level for your child.
Families have two options:
1. Pay your field trip costs. (Cash or check payable to Ralya Elementary). Payment for field trip fees is due by Monday, September 19.
2. Sell Discount Card(s) to help pay for your field trip costs:
a. Discount cards are sold for $20 each. $10 of each card sold goes toward your field trips.
b. Discount cards are filled with discounts from local businesses.
c. Fill out the form sent home and return it to the Ralya Office.
d. Make checks payable to Ralya Elementary.
e. Payment for discount cards is due by Monday, September 19.
· Do I have to sell the cards? No, you may pay your field trip fee directly. Make the check payable to Ralya Elementary.
· What happens when I sell more than I need to? You will be helping others that need financial assistance with their fees.
Ralya Summer Reading Challenge
Hey Ralya Reader! Are you ready to do some reading this summer? This year we are launching our first ever SUMMER READING CHALLENGE!
In addition to reading Who is Malala Yousafzai for our One School, One Book program, we would like students to set a reading goal. Malala Yousafzai will count as one of your books!
Read the attached document for your reading log and challenge levels!
End of the Day Schedule
Safety for All
· 3rd and 5th Grade students will exit using south doors unless they are parent pick up.
· 2nd and 4th Grade students exit the front doors.
· All students using the Parent Pick up Line will exit using the North doors.
· Students going to Kids Connection will go to Room 504.
· Parent Pick up – North Parking Lot Door:
If you are picking your student up in the line outside, you will receive a car visor sign. Please put your students first and last name on the sign utilizing all the white space possible! Black marker is requested.
· Parent Pick up – In the Building:
Parents will wait for students in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR) or gym hallway on the benches. We need to keep the lobby area clear.
· Students will look for the parents first in the MPR and then check the benches in the gym hallway.
· Families are asked to have a common area planned for their meeting location.
For safety reasons, please do not pick up your student at the classroom door!
· Please use the front doors during the school day and sign in at the office.
· Before school and after school, the front doors and the north doors will be unlocked.
We appreciate the cooperation of all parents and families and look forward to a safe year!
School hours are 8:10 am - 3:04 pm. Please arrive on time each day! Student supervision begins at 8:00 am. No student should arrive before 8:00 am.
Second Grade Recess / Lunch 11:10 - 11:30 Recess, 11:35 - 11:55 Lunch
Third Grade Recess / Lunch 12:05 - 12:30 Recess, 12:30 - 12:50 Lunch
Fourth Grade Recess / Lunch 11:35 - 12:00 Recess, 12:00 - 12:20 Lunch
Fifth Grade Recess / Lunch 12:30 - 12:55 Recess, 1:00 - 1:20 Lunch
Deposits to student meal accounts can be made on-line or by check or money order sent to school. We do not recommend sending cash to school with your student. For your convenience deposits to student accounts can be made at anytime online.
How do I deposit on-line?
· Create an account at SendMoneytoSchool.com to view balances, history, make deposits, or transfer between accounts. You can find a link for this at the Haslett Website (click on FOR PARENTS).
· You will need your student's school ID# to create an account. If you do not know your student's ID#, contact the school office or F&N Services at 517-339-4833, Option #2.
· Please note that SendMoneytoSchool does charge a $2.00 convenience fee for deposit transactions. It does not charge a fee to view balance or history information.
Checks made payable to Haslett Public Schools can be sent to school with your student, or mailed to Haslett Public Schools, Food & Nutrition Services at 5450 Marsh Rd., Haslett, MI 48840. Please include your student's first and last name on the check. We can accept a family check for multiple students. Please include all students' first and last names, and information about how much you want deposited to each student's account. Please note fees are assessed to the account for all returned checks.
2015 - 16 Applications for Free and Reduced Lunch expire on October 7th. All applications must be renewed yearly. Apply now so that your child’s account is updated prior to October 7. We will need to charge you for lunches after October 10 if the student account is updated. We cannot back date applications or apply benefits retroactively.
Parking Lot Information
If you plan to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, we would like you to follow these procedures:
1. Please drop off or pick up in the north parking lot. The front drive is buses only.
2. Morning drop off time starts at 8:00 am at the north door.
3. School dismisses at 3:04 pm. Pick up time starts at the north door. If you arrived between 3:15 - 3:20 pm there will be supervision and a lot less traffic. Please get a car visor sign and put your student's first and last name on the sign utilizing all the white space possible! Black marker is requested.
4. Parents may wait for their child on the benches in the Multi-Purpose room, if they do not want to get in the car line-up. Please do not wait in the lobby. The lobby area needs to be clear for the safety of all students.
5. Students may not walk through the parking lot without an adult.
6. Parents, please walk beside your child when crossing the parking lot.
7. Students should not be crossing the bus loop at the end of the day nor at the beginning of the day.
Parents volunteering in the classroom or attending field trips are requested to leave other children at home as this generally causes undue disruption to the normal classroom routine. If you are volunteering in the classroom or on a field trip, you will need to fill out a Background History Consent Form. These can be returned to the Ralya Office or to the Administration Building. Forms are available by clicking on the link below.
Please click on the link below to see our Race Highlights and End of the Year slide show!
Parent / Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
Please read through the information, sign and return to your student's teacher if you haven’t done so already. This is a new state requirement to ensure that both the parent and the school understand the significance of concussions. If you ever suspect that your child has had a concussion, it is important that you seek medical attention and get clearance from the doctor before returning to school.
Many Michigan children go without health care because they have no insurance coverage.
MI Department of Community Health has programs available that can help families with their children’s health care needs.
Click on the link below for application information and to answer any additional questions!
Haslett District Volunteers
There are many ways in which you can make a difference in the lives of our students. Volunteer opportunities exist in the classrooms working directly with teachers and students, chaperoning field trips, assisting at recess or at lunch time, or helping out at a PTO function, booster activities, or extracurricular event. Volunteering can be very rewarding – which is why many of our volunteers return year after year. If you plan to volunteer this year, please return the volunteer form.