We are: Goal Setters Team Players Kind to All
Have you turned in your forms to the Ralya Office yet?
Please turn them in asap if you have not done so already!
· Haslett Student Information Record,
· Emergency Health form,
· Permission for Release of Directory Information,
· Technology Acceptable Use Agreement signed by parent and child,
· Learning compact signed by parent and child
· Concussion Information signed by parent
· Free and Reduced Lunch Form (If applicable, new forms need to be submitted each year.)
Your child came home last week with an order form and flyer for our annual Pie Sale! We have been doing a pie sale at Ralya for many years now and each year we have successfully raised money to help with Art Night, Science Night, Mileage Club, Scholastic News, Proud Sponsor Books, Time for Kids, study trips and the Project Fund!
This year we are using a new vendor, Sweet Dreams! There are a variety of desserts available, including five different cheesecakes, fruit pies and even Gourmet Cinnamon Rolls!
Use the Pie Order forms to collect orders and money from friends and family. Payment is required when pie orders are taken! Orders are due October 14th (this is a different date than originally posted!) and pies will be delivered the week of November 9th. Make checks payable to Ralya Elementary!
· Classes that sell a minimum of 75 pies will be rewarded with a pizza or popcorn party.
· The class with the most participation will win a classroom gift card.
· The top two selling classes will win a trip to City Limits East for two games of bowling.
· The top selling individual at each grade level will win a $50 gift card to the store of their choice!
Ralya Picture REtake Day
Thursday, October 29th
Important Picture Day Information
Vera Ralya Elementary School
Picture Day: Thursday, September 24
Simplify Picture Day by ordering online at mylifetouch.com. No need to send cash or flyer back to school when you order online. All students are photographed, regardless if you order a picture packet or not.
The picture form is also attached here.
Pedidos en español disponibles por internet. ¡Encarga hoy en mylifetouch.com!
Go to mylifetouch.com
Please call the Ralya Office by 9:00 am if your child is going to be absent from school for any reason.
You may leave an attendance message before or after school hours. Absences may also be reported on our school website.
End of the Day Schedule·
All students will exit using the front and North doors (parent pick up).
· Students going to Kids Connection will go to the Gym.
· Parent Pick up – North Parking Lot Door:
o If you are picking your student up in the line outside, you will receive a car visor sign. Please put your students first and last name on the sign utilizing all the white space possible! Black marker is requested.
· Parent Pick up – In the Building:
o Parents will wait for students in the Multi-Purpose Room (MPR). We need to keep the lobby area clear.
o Students will look for the parents first in the MPR.
o Families are asked to have a common area planned for their meeting location.
o For safety reasons, please do not pick up your student at the classroom door!
· Please use the front doors during the school day and sign in at the office.
· Before school and after school, the front doors and the north doors will be unlocked.
We appreciate the cooperation of all parents and families and look forward to a safe year!
School hours are 8:17 am - 3:00 pm. Please arrive on time each day! Student supervision begins at 8:00 am. No student should arrive before 8:00 am.
Second Grade Recess / Lunch 11:15 - 11:35 Recess, 11:35 - 11:55 Lunch
Third Grade Recess / Lunch 10:50 - 11:10 Recess, 11:10 - 11:30 Lunch
Fourth Grade Recess / Lunch 11:40 - 12:00 Recess, 12:00 - 12:20 Lunch
Fifth Grade Recess / Lunch 12:05 - 12:25 Recess, 12:25 - 12:45 Lunch
The Book Fair is Coming!
The Book Fair is Coming!!!! Mark your calendars for October 5 – 9. We're using
VolunteerSpot (the leading online signup and reminder tool) to organize our
upcoming activity. Please sign up for Ralya Book Fair Volunteer Sign-Up!
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1. Click this link to go to our invitation page on VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/8WhVD3
2. Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on VolunteerSpot)
3. Sign up! Choose your spots - VolunteerSpot will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
Note: VolunteerSpot does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact the school office and we can sign you up manually.
Deposits to student meal accounts can be made on-line or by check or money order sent to school. We do not recommend sending cash to school with your student. For your convenience deposits to student accounts can be made at anytime online.
How do I deposit on-line?
· Create an account at SendMoneytoSchool.com to view balances, history, make deposits, or transfer between accounts. You can find a link for this at the Haslett Website (click on FOR PARENTS).
· You will need your student's school ID# to create an account. If you do not know your student's ID#, contact the school office or F&N Services at 517-339-4833, Option #2.
· Please note that SendMoneytoSchool does charge a $2.00 convenience fee for deposit transactions. It does not charge a fee to view balance or history information.
Checks made payable to Haslett Public Schools can be sent to school with your student, or mailed to Haslett Public Schools, Food & Nutrition Services at 5450 Marsh Rd., Haslett, MI 48840. Please include your student's first and last name on the check. We can accept a family check for multiple students. Please include all students' first and last names, and information about how much you want deposited to each student's account. Please note fees are assessed to the account for all returned checks.
2014 - 15 Applications for Free and Reduced Lunch expire on October 10th. All applications must be renewed yearly. Apply now so that your child’s account is updated prior to October 10. We will need to charge you for lunches after October 10 if the student account is updated. We cannot back date applications or apply benefits retroactively.
Parking Lot Information
If you plan to drop off your child in the morning or pick them up in the afternoon, we would like you to follow these procedures:
1. Please drop off or pick up in the north parking lot. The front drive is buses only.
2. Morning drop off time starts at 8:00 am at the north door.
3. Pick up time starts at 3:00 pm at the north door. If you arrived between 3:15 - 3:20 pm there will be supervision and a lot less traffic. Please get a car visor sign and put your student's first and last name on the sign utilizing all the white space possible! Black marker is requested.
4. Parents may wait for their child on the benches in the Multi-Purpose room, if they do not want to get in the car line-up. Please do not wait in the lobby. The lobby area needs to be clear for the safety of all students.
5. Students may not walk withrough the parking lot without an adult.
6. Parents, please walk beside your child when crossing the parking lot.
Parents volunteering in the classroom or attending field trips are requested to leave other children at home as this generally causes undue disruption to the normal classroom routine. If you are volunteering in the classroom or on a field trip, you will need to fill out a Background History Consent Form. These can be returned to the Ralya Office or to the Administration Building. Forms are available by clicking on the link below.
Parent / Athlete Concussion Information Sheet
Please read through the information, sign and return to your student's teacher if you haven’t done so already. This is a new state requirement to ensure that both the parent and the school understand the significance of concussions. If you ever suspect that your child has had a concussion, it is important that you seek medical attention and get clearance from the doctor before returning to school.
Many Michigan children go without health care because they have no insurance coverage.
MI Department of Community Health has programs available that can help families with their children’s health care needs.
Click on the link below for application information and to answer any additional questions!
Take a look behind the scenes for the commercial shoot of Linc's Library Card Challenge! The spot - featuring Haslett's Vera Ralya and Murphy Elementary schools - will run during National Library Week (April 12th-18th).
Haslett District Volunteers
There are many ways in which you can make a difference in the lives of our students. Volunteer opportunities exist in the classrooms working directly with teachers and students, chaperoning field trips, assisting at recess or at lunch time, or helping out at a PTO function, booster activities, or extracurricular event. Volunteering can be very rewarding – which is why many of our volunteers return year after year. If you plan to volunteer this year, please return the volunteer form.