HASLETT HIGH SCHOOL
AUGUST 20, 2014
Registration packets will be arriving in your mailbox between August 8-12. Please fill out the forms, update any new information and bring the packet with you to registration on August 20, 2014. If you do not receive your packet by August 15th please contact Mrs. Fossum at 339-8249.
REGISTRATION DAY SCHEDULE:
8:00-9:00……Sophomores: Class of 2017
9:00-10:00…..Freshman: Class of 2018
*Freshman and New Student Orientation 10:15-10:45 (Main Gym)
1:00-2:00…..Seniors: Class of 2015
2:00-3:00…..Juniors: Class of 2016
Registration Day includes:
*Have your school photo taken and receive a Student ID
*Submit Student Information Forms
*Place yearbook order
*Submit Car registration Form
*Athletic Registration and Family passes
*Deposit funds into your meal account
*Sophomores: Order your class ring
*Seniors: Cap and Gown information and pick up the Senior Calendar
Suggested Materials to Bring to HHS on the First Day of School
· Student Handbook/Planner (If you didn’t get one at registration make sure to pick one up from the main office.)
· Binder or Folder (All teachers handout lots of papers so a Binder of Folders is a good way to help keep you organized for all classes. Recommend at least 6 folders and might be helpful if they are each a different color.)
· Paper (This could be a notebook, regular lined paper, or graph paper.)
· Pens/Pencils (Most teachers do not really care what you use. Just understand that if you turn in work done in pink highlighter on neon yellow paper, they might miss some of your solutions due to temporary blindness!)
· Graphing Calculator (The math department has sets of Texas Instruments calculators (TI-83 and TI-84). Many of the lessons in the math department are based on functions on these particular devices. Amazon has these for as low as $88 for the TI-83 and $105 for the TI-84.)
· Compass (The kind you use to draw circles.)
· Protractor and Ruler (Good for measuring angles and as a straightedge.)
· Locker number and combination (Make sure to place the information into your phone.)
· Class schedule (Remember your lunch period is determined by your 4th hour class. Lunch hours will be posted all over the school. If you forget just ask someone.)
· Bus number (Make sure to place your bus number into your phone. Buses will line up in the bus loop afterschool by numerical order….Mrs. Rumsey, Mr. Ferguson and Mr. Wegenke will be outside to assist you as needed!)
· Lunch number/money or bag lunch (Make sure you know your lunch number or bring money. It is recommended you might want to bring your lunch the first few days of school so you are not overwhelmed by the long lunch lines.)
· Registration forms (If you missed registration, please bring all of the registration forms we mailed home to the main office.)
Finally, our goal is to make your 1st day of High School as stress free and easy as possible. The recommended materials list will assist you in getting school started by putting your best foot forward. Together we will make the 2013-2014 school year great!
Haslett High School Senior Portraits
Senior photo time is upon us! In order to make the yearbook production process easier and photo quality stronger, we ask that photo’s fit the following specifications:
*Photos should be in full color and in digital format. We will accept actual prints, but prefer digital.
*Images MUST be in 300 dpi jpegs.
*Digital Image dimensions should measure 1.5 x 2 inches. Remember that if the head size is exceedingly small, the student’s face will not be visible. Please crop to appropriate dimensions.
*If a student opts not to have his or her portrait taken from an outside-of-school professional photographer, please consider dressing nicely for the photo taken at registration. The quality of the photos works well for the yearbook.
*While we will accept the background of your subject’s choice (including outdoors) please understand that ultra-cluttered backgrounds will not be pleasing and that revealing poses will not be acceptable. Keep in mind the size the photo runs in our book.
*Your professional portrait photographer generally takes responsibility for getting photo to the yearbook staff.
DEADLINE FOR SENIOR PORTRAITS IS MONDAY, NOV. 3, 2014
Ways to submit photos:
*Go towww.hjeshare.comand upload photos to a web storage site.To access the site, type in the school code hhs3956 and follow directions from there. You can watch a video that will give you specific directions on how to upload. Before uploading, please name your file: senior portrait_student name. The site will be used for uploading other types of photos, so it is key that you indicate the images are senior.
*Save images to a CD and deliver it to the high school. Please include a list of whose photo is on the CD.
*Mail CD or actual prints to Attn. Julie Price, Dixit yearbook, Haslett High School, 5450 Marsh Road, Haslett, MI. 48840.
Any questions about photos for the Haslett yearbook may be directed to Julie Price at email@example.com or call 339-8249 ext:226.
The yearbook staff will be sending out information in November or December about Senior Ads. Professional portrait photographers, if you are interested in advertising in the 2014 Dixit yearbook be sure to contact the yearbook staff through Julie Price.
CELL PHONE POLICY
Use of Electronic/Personal Devices: (THIS IS A PILOT FOR THE 2013-2014 SCHOOL YEAR). Personal Electronic Devices (PEDS) are defined as any laptop, smart phone, cell phone,
Tablet, music player, personal digital assistant or any other device with inbound/outbound communications capabilities.
Classroom at teacher discretion
Before or after school hours
During passing time
Teacher(s) that do not permit them for use
Substitute teacher(teacher discretion: must be in teacher sub notes)
*Please see full PEDS change in the 2013-2014 HHS Student Handbook