We are looking forward to a fun and spirited Homecoming 2015 week beginning on Monday, September 28th and ending with our Homecoming 2015 dance on Saturday, October 3rd. Here are some Homecoming 2015 reminders:
Spirit Week: 9/28-10/2
9/28: Pajama Day
9/29: Favorite College T-shirt or Sweatshirt Day
9/30: Decades Day
9th grade: 60’s
10th grade: 90’s
11th grade: 70’s
12th grade: 80’s
10/1: Tourist Day
10/2: Blue and Gold Day
Homecoming 2015 Pep Assembly will be held on Friday, October 2nd beginning at 1:55 p.m. The pep assembly will be held in the game gym. Students will sit in the gym by grade levels.
Homecoming 2015 Parade will be on Friday, October 2nd at 5:30 p.m. The parade will begin at Wilkshire Elementary School and end at Haslett High School.
Homecoming 2015 Dance will be on Saturday, October 3rd 7-10 p.m. in the high school practice or north gym. Tickets will be on sale at lunch the week of September 28th. Tickets are $7 prior to the dance and $10 at the dance. ALL guest passes must be to the high school office by Thursday, October 1st.
ALL guest students attending the Homecoming dance must be a high school student in good standing. Also, all school rules apply.
Homecoming 2015 Dancing Expectation: ALL students attending the dance are expected to dance appropriately. Students are expected to remain facing each other while dancing and dance in a manner acceptable for all students. Students who are expecting to dance in a “Club Style” or “Bump and Grind” style are encouraged not to attend the dance. Any student(s) not adhering to the Homecoming 2015 dancing expectation will be warned or subject to being asked to leave the dance.
HOMECOMING GAME TICKETS:
Tickets for the homecoming game can be bought in advance on-line at ticketracker.com.
~ATTENTION CLASS OF 2016~
The Michigan Merit Curriculum requires students to have one Health Credit as a Graduation Requirement. Classes will be offered to Seniors beginning October 6th-Oct 15th from 2:25-3:25 in the Computer Lab (room 305). Please sign up in the front office TODAY. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Newman or Miss. Terres.
*October 2nd: Homecomng Parade 5:30 p.m. (Parade begins at Wilkshire 5750 Academic Way)
*October 3rd: Homecoming Dance 7:00-10:00 p.m.
*October 20th: Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:00-5:30(classrooms)
*October 29th: Parent/Teacher Conferences 5:00-7:30 (main gym)
2015-2016 State Testing Requirements for HHS Students
There have been some changes in the State testing requirements for our high school students this year. Below is an outline of the tests our students will be taking and a timeline for administration.
The SAT replaces the ACT this year. TheSATis the the nation’s most widely used college admission test that covers content areas deemed essential for success in college: reading, math, writing, and language. Students are encouraged to take the ACT on their own as an additional assessment for college admissions.
The PSAT provides early feedback to help students identify the knowledge and skills they need to be college and career ready. These are the same skills and knowledge as those measured by the SAT, so students and teachers can monitor progress and and identify areas in need of improvement. The PSAT is the qualifying test for the National Merit Scholarship taken during junior year.
Haslett High School Senior Portraits
Senior photo time is upon us! In order to make the yearbook production process easier and photo quality stronger, we ask that photos fit the following specifications.
• Photos should be in Full Color and in digital format. We will accept actual prints, but prefer digital.
• Images MUST be 300 dpi jpegs. This is crucial to good quality reproduction.
• Digital image dimensions should measure 1.5 x 2 inches. Remember that if the head size is exceedingly small, the student’s face will not be as visible. Please crop to appropriate dimensions.
• If your student opts not to have his or her portrait taken from an outside-of-school professional photographer, please consider dressing nicely for the photo taken at registration. The quality of the photos works well for the yearbook.
• While we will accept the background of your subject’s choice (including outdoors), please understand that ultra-cluttered backgrounds will not be pleasing and that revealing poses or poses including props will not be accepted. Keep in mind the size the photo runs in our book. A head and shoulder pose is preferred.
• Professional portrait photographers generally take responsibility for getting the photo to the yearbook staff. Please communicate with photographers regarding this.
Deadline for senior portraits is Monday, Nov. 2, 2015
Ways to submit photos:
• Go to www.hjeshare.com and upload photos to a web storage site. To access the site, type in the school code hhs3956 and follow directions from there. You can watch a video that will give you specific directions on how to upload. Before uploading, please name your file: senior portrait_student name . The site will be used for uploading other types of photos, so it is key that you indicate the images are senior portraits.
• Save images to a CD and deliver it to the high school. Please include a list of whose photo is on the CD.
• Mail CD or actual prints to Attn: Julie Price, Dixit Yearbook, Haslett High School, 5450 Marsh Road, Haslett, MI 48840.
Any questions about photos for the Haslett yearbook may be directed to me here at school via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, of course, the yearbook staff will be sending out information in November about senior ads. Watch for an email with sizes and pricing.
Professional portrait photographers, if you are interested in advertising in the 2016 Dixit yearbook, be sure to contact the yearbook staff through Julie Price.
CELL PHONE POLICY
Use of Electronic/Personal Devices: Personal Electronic Devices (PEDS) are defined as any laptop, smart phone, cell phone,
Tablet, music player, personal digital assistant or any other device with inbound/outbound communications capabilities.
Classroom at teacher discretion
Before or after school hours
During passing time
Teacher(s) that do not permit them for use
Substitute teacher(teacher discretion: must be in teacher sub notes)