HASLETT ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
Darin Ferguson, Athletic Director/Associate Principal
Cindy Cusack, Administrative Assistant
Winter Sports Information
All sports require Physical Form and Registration Fee form ( and/or waiver) before beginning practice.
9th Try –outs Monday Nov. 7th at 2:45 in Aux. gym
JV Try-outs Monday Nov. 7th at 5pm in Aus. Gym
Varsity Girls Try-outs Monday Nov. 7th at 4:45 in Main Gym
Tryouts will be Monday Nov. 14th-Wed. Nov 16th
9th from 2:45-4:45
JV from 4:45-6:45
Varsity from 7pm-9pm
Please contact Coach Smith with any questions
Try-outs November 28-Dec.2
6:30-8:30pm in HS Cafeteria
Boys Swim & Dive
Monday Nov. 21 at 3:00 pm in Natatorium
Swimsuit, towel and goggles necessary
Nov. 14th 4:30-6:30
Bring running or wrestling shoes.
Contact coach Tom Heniser with any questions
Try-outs Nov. 14th – 17th at City Limits East
Mon 11/7 4:00-5:30
Tues 11/8 4:30-6:30
Wed 11/9 4:30-6:30
Thurs 11/10 4:30-6:30
Fri 11/11 4:00-6:00
Eastside Hockey tryouts will be held as follows:
10/31: 4:30 – 5:50 PM at Suburban Ice East Lansing (on ice)
11/1: 5:00 – 6:30 PM at East Lansing High School (dryland)
11/2: 9:00 – 10:20 PM at Suburban Ice East Lansing (on ice)
Players must bring a copy of their current physical to the first day of tryouts and they must attend all sessions. The cost is $20 for each on-ice session.
2016-17 marks the 28th year Farm Bureau Insurance has sponsored the MHSAA's Scholar-Athlete Award. This year 32-$1,000 scholarships will be available to high school seniors who meet the eligibility requirements. Applications are available in the main office and once completed are due no later than Dec.1st, 2016 to the Athletic Director.
Four Eligibility Requirements for Entering the Scholar-Athlete Award Contest:
1. Enrollment - Student must be enrolled and participating in interscholastic athletics at an MHSAA member school.
2. Senior Status - Student must be a senior graduating during the 2016-17 school year.
3. Varsity Letter - Student must have prior to senior year won a varsity letter in a sport in which the MHSAA sponsors a post-season tournament.The list of sponsored sports include:baseball, boys and girls basketball, boys and girls bowling, girls gymnastics, ice hockey, boys and girls lacrosse, boys and girls soccer, softball, boys and girls skiing, boys and girls swimming and diving, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls track and field, girls volleyball, and wrestling.
4. 3.50 GPA - Student must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. You may not round up a 3.4x grade point average for the purposes of qualifying.
Please see the MHSAA website for more details
2015-2016 Sports Participation Information
Haslett High School
All student athletes must be currently enrolled in Haslett High School and must meet the following criteria to tryout and/or play an interscholastic sport:
1. Have a current completed physical on file with the athletic department
Physicals must be dated April 15, 2015 or later to be valid.
2. Participation fee paid in full.
Pay to Participate fee is due prior to first scheduled competition date
The annual fee is $200 for high school students and $100 for middle school students, with a $400 family maximum. Any previous year balance must be paid in full.
All forms can be found on the athletic website or in the high school main office.
Haslett High School Athletics is on Twitter!
As we continue to explore new and improved methods of communication, we are pleased to announce you can “follow” us on Twitter. Please feel free to sign up at Twitter.comto follow us @HaslettAthletic I will tweet scores, updates, information and reminders throughout the school year.
Darin Ferguson: Associate Principal/Athletic Director
If School is cancelled in the case of inclement weather before the school day begins, a decision regarding practices and/or contests to be held that day will not be made before 1 p.m. If practices and /or contests are to be held, they will be as scheduled and will not take place before 2:40pm A schedule of the evening's activities will be available on this website or by calling the athletic office @ 339-6067 after 1:00 pm
If School is cancelled in the case of inclement weather during the school day ALL practices and/ or contests will be cancelled that evening.